People start worrying about losing hairs the moment they feel hairs are falling more than normal. However, there are a few things about falling hairs that many people are not aware of. Before you start thinking on how to stop hair fall there are a few things that you must know about hair problems, hair fall and other matters:
- Losing 50 to 100 hairs is normal and there is nothing to worry about in this case.
- There are three phases of human hair growth namely anagen, catagen, and telogen.
- A hair is active and grows properly during the anagen stage while starts breaking in catagen stage.
- Once the hair has fallen, it enters into the telogen or resting stage where it remains for about 3 to 4 months before growing back.
- About 10% of the total hairs present in the scalp can be under telogen stage almost anytime.
- Complete hair fall or baldness results when the number of hairs that are shedding exceeds the number of hairs that are likely to grow back.
- It is not necessary that poor diet, systemic or internal disease cause hair loss but it can also happen as a result of certain genetic factors like family history and age factor.
- Patients undergoing cancer treatments such as chemotherapy often experience complete hair loss in which hairs grow back after 6 to 12 months.
As far as hair loss in women is concerned that is not as serious as it is in case of men. One thing must be understood that there is no such product that can possibly trigger hair regrowth. The only way to regrow hair and obtain healthy hair growth particularly in case of men hair regrowth is hair transplant. Nowadays, hair transplant is considered to be one of the most performed surgeries around the world.