Strip Hair Transplant
All those who have lost hairs and have accepted baldness will never say NO if they are given the option of hair transplant. This is because hairs have a lot to do with a person’s overall appearance so there would be hardly anyone who would not want to have them provided they are all lost.
When it comes to hair transplant, there are a few latest techniques invented by now. However, the one which is very common and is also preferred is called strip hair transplant. People who are looking to go for hair transplant surgery have quite a number of queries glowing through their minds. Hence there are a few important things about Strip Hair Transplantwhich are as follows:
- The technique is also known as Strip removal method and FUT or Follicular Unit Transplant.
- A strip of hair is removed from the back of the head or donor area with the help of a blade while the patient undergoing surgery is given local anesthesia.
- The removed strip is then disintegrated into small pieces which are further divided into the individual follicular units with the help of a microscope.
- Once the hairs are divided as per the requirement, they are grafter in the hairless area while the area from where the strip was removed is sutured back.
- The recovery time is no more than one week but normal activities can be resumed within a couple of days.
- New hairs start growing within three months after the surgery.
- The scar left after surgery disappears in a few months.